We are not alone...
- 1 Earth 1 Design: Carpet Info
- 7 Reasons Carpet Flooring Sucks and You Should Go with Timber
- A Dash of Ash: OPERATION: REDESIGN MY MOM'S HOUSE...
- A Life Profound: I Hate Carpet
- All Things Kelly » Did I Mention I Hate Carpet?
- At Belle's Casa: I hate carpet and dislike rugs
- At the Bottom of the Garden: Why I Hate Carpet...
- Blog & Save: Money-saving tips for home improvement...Flooring
- Bounteous: Green home renovations — installing wood floors
- Brass Armadillo: I hate area rugs and feel you should know why.
- Bungle Oh No!: Carpet.. Carpet... Oh god the carpet!
- Carpet Is a Class Issue
- " Carpet is better than laminate flooring " says clueless landlord.
- Chiot's Run: Ick
- Dirty Little Feet
- DIY Diva: Hopefully the last time in my life I have to rip up stink carpet
- Dreams of a Farm: Transform Your Stairs
- Environmental Sustainability and Urban Revitalization
- Even in Kyoto: So much excitement
- Facebook: I Hate Carpet
- Floors (because carpet sucks)
- Fresh Home: 10 Things Home Buyers Hate About Your Home! (#7)
- Four Monkeys: To remove or not to remove the carpet... REMOVE IT!
- Geek Details: Stairs Going Wood
- Gesundheit! Off-Topic: Cats & Carpets
- Going Green with Bamboo
- Green Legacy Farming: Reconstruction, Day...I Lost Track of the Days
- Groggyland: Reason #3948 for why I hate carpet
- Hey Petunia!: I Hate Carpet
- HomeGrown LifeStyle: Replacing Carpet with Wood Laminate...
- How to Install a Wood Floor on top of Carpet via ApartmentTherapy
- Jenn Jenn's World: Carpet Woes
- Jen (Hates) Loves House: Carpet Sucks
- Jenyfer Matthews: Sooner or Later
- Life's Too Short to Fold Fitted Sheets: Carpet
- Live. Laugh. Learn.: In Which I Discover I Hate Carpet
- Locust Grove Designs: How Dirty is Your Carpet?
- Modern Male Homemaker: I Hate Carpet
- Mommy Has to Work: Carpet Issues
- Monica on Money: Which Flooring Is the Best Financial Decision?
- My Little Mess: Ripping up the carpet
- Not That Serious: Why Carpet Sucks
- Pinterest: i hate carpet
- Old House Web: What we did this weekend (AKA...I hate carpet.)
- Our Old New House: Carpet removal...gross yellow stuff
- Pix2Brix: Flooring Options
- Pondered ∙ Primed ∙ Perfect: ...It's our house, dadblammit!
- ProTeacher Collection: I hate carpet!
- Slipping Into Sanity: The Last of the Carpet is GONE!!
- Stuff You Don't Want: Carpet
- Surviving the Subrubs: I Hate Carpet
- Tell'er All About It: I HATE CARPET
- The Ambitious Procrastinator: A Hardwood and Carpet Oreo
- The Hamiltons: Ripping the Carpet off Our Stairs
- The House that Some Idiot Built: Thirty shades of floor
- The Original Brown Paper Floor: DIY Alternative To Hard Wood Floors
- The Splendidly Imperfect Miss M: I hate carpet!
- The Ugly Truth About Carpet
- Thoughts Revolving Forever: I Hate Carpet
- Tidbits from the Tremaynes: The Final Frontier
- Top 10 Reasons Not To Have Carpet – Any Flooring vs Carpet
- Unrelated Side Note: Carpet Sucks
- What Lives in Your Carpet?
- Woodpro Hardwood Floors, LLC (love the URL)
- Yelp Talk San Francisco: Wall to Wall Carpeting should be illegal
It's as simple as that. I do not understand the wall-to-wall sensation that has long since swept our nation. "Our nation" meaning the US of A; I can't rightly speak for the rest of the world. I realized my dislike for carpet senior year of high school, when we read a short story about emissaries from Japan (circa late 1800ish, maybe?) who were shocked to see so much carpeting used in one room. My thought: How incredibly wasteful.
"But bare floors are so cold on my feet!"
First-world grievance, much? Wear slippers.
That may be a little obstinate of me, but it's no less accurate. Why are we so gung-ho about carpet, anyway?
"It's cheaper for landlords to replace, and science is showing that carpets act as filters for people with allergies!"
How nice for landlords. I'm still skeptical on the allergy bit, and the stuff is still grimy.
"So vacuum more often!"
I don't want to. I don't want carpet in the first place. You need a full artillery if you have pets or children.
"Then rip the carpet out."
I'd love to. Unfortunately, I'm living in a rental.
"Then buy a house!"
Sure, I'm renting even though I can afford a house of my own. That makes sense.
More of a wood floors person too, personally http://t.co/OdHPKLwDri— Neocities (@neocitiesweb) February 11, 2015